Wednesday, August 26, 2009

#87, #85, #50

#50 - Seek an internship somewhere progressive
This is a bit debatable at the moment, with Obama's recent backtracking and craven spinelessness on truly progressive issues, but I'll count it anyway. I've applied for a fall internship with Organizing For America (the continuation of Obama's campaign organization), and have been invited to continue to the second step of the application/confirmation process. We see how this goes!

#85 - Stretch every day
I am so out of shape, argh. But this morning, I decided to stretch out a bit after my shower. It felt good! I'll continue to update this goal every day until I've hit 30 consecutive days of stretching in the morning, at which point I'll consider the habit formed and call it complete.

#87 - Donate to Shakesville
I did some budgeting yesterday, and realized I had a bit of flex room. I've been intending to donate to Shakesville for a really long time, but every time I had a bit of extra money I ended up spending it first. This time, I made Shakesville a priority. I can buy the Nyx jumbo eye pencils I wanted next month. Liss' work at Shakes is much more important than my makeup.

The verdict: It was only $15, but it's what I can afford right now. I'm glad I chose to give instead of buying more crap. I will probably do this again when I have more stable income!

No comments:

Post a Comment